LA Law Library has a range of personalized services that can make your life just that much easier. Whether you are looking for research and reference assistance, want materials sent to you or are looking for rental or special events space in vibrant Downtown Los Angeles, LA Law Library can meet your needs efficiently and cost-effectively.
Services & Rentals at LA Law Library include the following:
- CLASSES. LA Law Library offers a variety of legal research classes for the public, attorneys, paralegals and attorneys. No previous legal research experience is required for the public classes.
- e-DELIVERY. LA Law Library can have materials emailed or faxed to your office or home.
- MEMBERS. Open to members of the California State Bar, the Members Program at LA Law Library provides attorneys with practice-specific resources to save time and money when serving clients.
- BORROWER INFORMATION. LA Law Library has an extensive collection of current and historical legal materials. If you want to borrow materials, you are required to fill out an application, show a valid government identification card and leave a deposit.
- COMPUTER USAGE. FREE public terminals with Internet access are available at the Main Library in Downtown LA and at its branch locations
- SPACE RENTAL. LA Law Library offers private office space, conference rooms, war rooms, meeting space, and high-tech training center with full catering options.
- SPECIAL EVENTS. LA Law Library hosts events throughout the year including corporate and retirement receptions, networking events, graduations, fundraisers and conferences.
- REFERENCE ASSISTANCE. The seasoned reference staff at LA Law Library can provide guidance on everything from self-help materials to case law and statutes.
- PRO BONO WEEK. Building on the success of the Pro Bono Week Celebration in 2012, the LA Law Library is celebrating National Pro Bono Week again this year October 21-26, 2013. The National Pro Bono Celebration showcases the great difference that pro bono lawyers make, and highlights the growing need for free and low cost legal aid for those facing civil legal problems that affect basic living conditions such as housing, government benefits, family safety and consumer debt.