Wednesday, April 30, 2014
12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
Are you thinking of starting and running your own nonprofit? Are you looking to take a young organization to the next level? Get on track with this workshop where you will receive valuable tools and tips on board development, corporation formation, tax exemption, ongoing compliance and fiscal sponsorship. This workshop is well-suited for those who have already started their nonprofits or who are just getting started.
- Planning considerations before starting a nonprofit;
- Writing bylaws;
- Forming your board of directors;
- Applying for federal and state tax-exempt status;
- Budgeting and fundraising.
- Sarah Stegemoeller, Public Counsel’s Community Development Project
- Christian Canas, Public Counsel’s Community Development Project
For more information on other classes taking place during LA Law Library's Law Week, please click here!